Monday, December 17, 2007

Anthony's Blog: Turbulance & Yolanda from Mexico!



Us with Yolanda!!

Holler!

I am writing from the internet port on the Costa Mediterranea, it costs a million dollars, so I'm going to give you brief little run down on what the shizzle is happening with many a typo. It's absoultely ridiculous what's gong on here.

It's Monday. It think, yeah, it's Monday. Just got back from a few hours in Cozumel, Mexico. The ship leaves in a bit to Grand Cayman Islands, Will and I perform our first show Tuesday night. Ok, I take a flight from Laguardia in NY to Ft. Lauderdale. How was the flight, Anthony? Um, it was not good. The most turbulent flight ever. I was past the point of scared so everytime the plane dropped 20 stories during the 2 hour King-da-Ka roller coaster I laughed like a crazy person. BTW, lots of crazy video being edited and will be up soon (from the flight, cruise, Cozumel, etc.). I'm sitting in the last row of the Delta flight, so the bathrooms are right there, smelled great, then during the height of the bumpiness the stewardess behind me guarding the emergency exit at the back of the plane looked at me deadpan and actually told me, "Honey, even if something was going wrong, I couldn't tell you." That made me feel really warm and fuzzy on the inside. Survived the plane ride from Haides, got to Ft. Lauderdale, warm, I stripped my sweatpants, had on a bathing suit, and went to the boat.

Day One (Saturday afternoon) was fun. We are in a nice room, bunk beds, bathroom, it's fun. More on this in the videos. I lost money playing Bingo. Graciella, an elegant woman in her 50s from England sitting next to me, lost too but bought me a drink! She was nice and reminded me A LOT of Elaine Stritch. Oh, I got these wrist bands that keep me from getting dizzy. They're my voodoo bracelets. So I skipped Sunday, it's fine, there was a boat drill, I thought our ship was sinking, boths eyes turned yellow but I'm fine, and I received Communion, but all that is fine.

So yeah, I met this lovely matron of a woman Yolanda in Cozumel. Just the name made me say in my mind (all you New Yorkers may know this from TV) "This is Yolanda Vega from Win 4 the first ball up, etc. Anyway, she was whistling me down to buy from her vendor. She had all this witchcraft stuff. Skulls, bracelets, hair extensions. I think she was a voodoo lady, but I have never met a voodoo person before so I really wouldn't know, and I didn't know how to say in Spanish, "Are you voodoo lady?"

She wanted to sell me a bracelet for 5 dollar. I said "1 dollar." Then she said, "Gemellos?" And I said, "Yes, twins, gemellos!" She responds--which made me laugh so hard my chicken enchillada was having a field day in my estomigo--"Ah Dios! Two of you! Besos! Besos!" She proceeded to kiss us both. And she definetly did. So we took a picture with her. She will be on the blog. I bought a bracelet from her for $5 because she was so nice. I will see Yolanda in two weeks.

I miss ya'll! Best way to get in touch is email, AnthonyNunziata@gmail.com. Would love to hear from you, hope all's well. Mucho amore!!!

Ciao,
Anthony

No comments: